Dienstag, 7. August 2012

take me back to the start

Just returned from pub quiz, which definitely brought to the fore just how ignorant I am of physics and all things science-related. Am sitting here, listening to my iTunes as it shuffles, into and off the electric, eclectic, immortal coil, while skimming through web articles. I wasn't paying much attention to what was playing, but you know how it is, whenever something familiar plays, you just hum along, or in this case and many others, that one song brought me back to a particular place and time, evoking certain memories. Regardless of whether those thoughts were ostensibly bad or good, I felt kinda ho-hum, thinking of how those songs meant something, or reminded me of someone, evoking a twinge that went beyond memories of times past. Feeling both happy and sad at the same time while thinking of something that happened just makes me that much melancholic, nostalgic for what was, saddened by what is, and contemplating what could've been. But there is nothing that could be done to change what was, and I can only forget about thinking of a present that simply isn't, and just listen to the song and try to enjoy it for what it is.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen